I’d rather go blind.
When I first received the ‘work in progress’ track to which I would write a string arrangement, I felt there wasn’t enough harmonic variation or dynamic to get anything going. To help with the creative process, I changed the chords from about half way through and added some stop time. Then I did my choir and put down a Hammond organ solo (just as a guide to let the producer see where I was going). All this before even tackling the string arrangement! Come the finished mix, the producer kept ALL of my overdubs and in this clip we join the track half way through where I’m doing the backing vocals, Hammond solo and, at the end the backing vocals and Wurlitzer piano to bring the track to a close.